Did a situation make you upset? Try 3' of Meditation for a Calm Heart
How It Works
Many times we are caught in a situation where we know the actions we will take, we may regret later. But 3 minutes of this Meditation can help change that.
Yogi Bhajan taught us many meditations. In ‘Meditation for a Calm Heart’, he recommended to do it every time a situation made us very upset for 3 minutes. He said, this meditation could calm our hearts and give us a different perspective in a situation. This is how you do it:
1. Sit in a comfortable position, with your spine straight.
2. Place the palm of your left hand on the middle of your chest. Fingers parallel to the floor, pointing to the right.
3. The right hand you do Gyan Mudra and raise as if you are making a pledge. Palms facing forward and the fingers (not in Gyan Mudra) point up.
4. Your breath will be done through the nose. Watch your breath consciously, during the entire meditation.
5. Inhale smooth and gradual, suspend the breath for a few seconds, then slowly and gradually exhale, and again suspend the breath for a few seconds.
6. During both times you suspend your breath, don’t hold for too long that you will gasp for air afterwards. Be mindful.
7. Close your eyes, and continue breathing on that order for the rest of the time.
8. To finish give 3 strong inhale and exhale.
If it is easier, watch my video.
Hope this is useful!
nor hard Somewhat