Healing Turmeric Latte for Anti-Inflammatory Benefits
How It Works
Gently warm the almond or coconut milk in a small saucepan. Do not boil. Add turmeric, ginger and cinnamon. Next, combine the coconut oil and pinch of black pepper with the mixture and gently heat together until melted. Use a wire whisk or immersion blender to create a foam. Continue to stir until frothy and heated through.
Stir in honey or sweetener of choice to taste. Sprinkle with cinnamon if desired. Sip, savor & enjoy.
ALTERNATIVE METHOD: To create an extra frothy latte, pour the contents into a high-speed blender in place of a wire whisk or immersion blender.
Note: To make the turmeric paste, combine 2 parts turmeric powder with 1 part boiling water. Mix and store any extra in the fridge for up to 5 days.
What You’ll Need
- 1 cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 1 heaping tablespoon fresh turmeric root, grated (or use approximately 2 teaspoons turmeric paste – see below)
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger root, grated (or 1 teaspoon ground)
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- Pinch of black pepper (increases bioavailability of curcumin, the healing property in turmeric)
- Raw honey or sweetener of choice to taste
nor hard Somewhat