Lymphatic Massage: Effective Benefits, Methods And Precautions
How It Works
Keep Yourself Boosted Through Lymphatic Massage
A unique and innovative technology is used for lymphatic drainage using gentle pressure in rhythmic movements performed by a trained therapist. The trained therapist understands the anatomy and functions of the lymphatic system and helps the body to clear the tissues and reduces swelling. This therapeutic massage helps in waste removal and toxins from the body from a sluggish lymphatic system and also boosts immunity. This article will enhance your knowledge about the benefits of lymphatic massage and how to perform a self-lymphatic massage at home.
Lymphatic Drainage Therapy or a Lymphatic Massage has the following benefits:
- Helpful for pregnant women- This massage is proven to be very beneficial for nursing moms and pregnant women. It is very comforting during leg pain caused by water retention and swelling. Sore breasts and clogged ducts are the fundamental problems of a lactating mother, and this massage treatment eases out breastfeeding.
- Helps to heal- The gentle massaging techniques do the trick of solving the pain caused by surgery, headaches, or injury.
- Helpful in skin-care- The massage helps to improve blood circulation, enhances the complexion, and reduces puffiness and the appearance of wrinkles.
- Helps to remove toxins- This massage aims to remove toxins from the body. This process, in turn, helps to build and strengthen immunity.
- Helps to reduce stress and relax your mind- Undoubtedly, any massage can ease your mind, but Lymphatic Drainage Therapy focuses on gentle massaging techniques that calm your mind. It increases blood flow and oxygen flow in the body and makes you feel rejuvenated.
The right methods to follow for lymphatic massage
Start by placing the palm on the opposite side of the chest above the breast.
Move the hand up to the collarbone over the breast.
Continue to move up to the neck while covering the chest until the chest feels tight and then release. Shoulder massage
Place your arm on a table.
Place the other arm on the shoulder of the arm that is resting on the table.
Now gently move the hand behind the shoulder towards the neck.
Start by using your palm to stretch the skin in an upward direction by beginning from the shoulder.
Take the hand to the upper arm and stretch to the shoulder.
Continue in the same way downwards while moving the skin upwards.
Pause at the wrist.
Start from the finger close to the palm.
Using the index and thumb finger stretch the finger skin towards the hand.
Continue this over your entire finger.
Direct the fluid towards your hand.
People who have asthma or severe bronchial issues must avoid the massage as the condition gets triggered by the stimulation.
People suffering from kidney problems must get approval from the doctor before trying this form of massage.
This is not advised for patients who have cancer or those who have been exposed to chemotherapy
nor hard Somewhat
There is no better way than a lymphatic massage to remove toxins from the body and stimulate blood circulation. It enables better functioning of the lymphatic system and keeps chronic diseases like cancer at bay