Homemade Disinfecting Wipes and Hand Sanitizer
How It Works
- Mix the alcohol, aloe vera, and optional essential oil together in a glass jar to make a gentle but highly effective disinfectant. Pour into a cleaned, recycled hand sanitizer bottle. To make wipes, continue with additional steps below.
- Cut each paper towel in the entire roll into four squares.
- Make two stacks of the cut paper towels in a large glass bowl and pour the alcohol mixture evenly over them. Let stand until the liquid is fully absorbed.
- If you find you need more liquid depending on the thickness of the paper towels you are using, mix up more alcohol/aloe vera mixture at a ratio of 1:3.
- Place the wipes in a large ziplock bag for convenient use at home or when traveling.
- If using bamboo paper towels in order to re-use, store used wipes in a separate double seal ziplock bag for easy laundering as needed.
What You’ll Need
- 2/3 cup 99.9% isopropyl alcohol
- 1/3 cup aloe vera preferably organic
- 2 drops anti-microbial essential oil optional (I use tea tree!)
nor hard Somewhat
The shelves at most major markets and drug stores are running on empty. No wipes or hand sanitizers. This is an easy, how-to recipe to make your own disinfecting wipes and hand sanitizer. Made with nontoxic yet effective ingredients.