Natural Cleansing From the Inside Out
How It Works
Bone broth has always been my go-to for soothing, healing, cleansing, and restoring. It's full of all the vitamins and nutrients my body needs. After a recent health scare, I paired it with a cleanse that restored and revived me. I was run down, exhausted, and seeing the signs of aging and stress. Cleansing the toxins from my digestive tract got rid of the inflammation throughout my body that was causing many health concerns.
Now I'm feeling energized, slimmer, and back to being me. I no longer feel unmotivated or bloated all the time. And my skin in vibrant and supple once again! If you're feeling the need to restore your health, I highly recommend whipping up a pot of bone broth and giving it a try!
Prep time: 10 min • Cook time: 12 to 24 hr • Yield: 12 servings
· 2 unpeeled carrots, scrubbed and roughly chopped
· 2 stalks celery, including leafy part, roughly chopped
· 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
· 7 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
· 3½ pounds grass-fed beef bones (preferably joints and knuckles)
· 2 dried bay leaves
· 2 teaspoons kosher salt
· 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1. Place all the vegetables and the garlic, bones and bay leaves into a large pot on the stove or in a slow cooker. Sprinkle on the salt, drizzle with vinegar, and add enough water to cover everything by 1 inch (about 13 cups).
2. Cook for 12 to 24 hours on low.
3. Use a shallow spoon to carefully skim the film off the top of the broth. Pour the broth through a fine strainer and discard the solids. Taste the broth and add more salt as needed.
4. The broth will keep for 3 days in the fridge and 3 months in your freezer.
Substitute: Feel free to substitute chicken, fish or pork bones or to combine them all. Also, adding dried mushrooms or using 2 tablespoons fish sauce in place of salt (add it in Step 1) dramatically boosts the flavor of the broth. You can find tons of bone broth recipes to try, no matter what your taste buds are craving!
You can also make modifications to maintain your Vegan, Paleo, or Keto lifestyle.
What You’ll Need
- bone broth (see recipe)
nor hard Somewhat
A few years ago I experienced a health crash. I was pushing myself to do everything and be everywhere. In hindsight, I was ignoring the signs and what what my body was trying to tell me. My body had finally run out of steam.
Looking back, I realized I hadn't been feeling myself for quite some time. Physically. Mentally. Emotionally. I realized I had been exhausted for a while and still pushing myself to no end. I was headed in so many directions at once that I forgot to follow my own health routines. My body kept trying to tell me that everything about me was out of whack. Cleansing my body of the toxins and waste and restoring nutrients I was lacking, helped reset and revive my overall health and wellness.
I was tired of feeling fatigued, gaining weight, and looking at the dark circles and fine lines in the mirror. The proper fruits and veggies, plus collagen and gelatin from bone broth was the reset button I needed. Nutrients, antioxidants, clean protein and fiber all contributed to cleansing and restoring my health and I felt like me again.